Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
At the core of our philosophy is that business can be executed and developed without damage to persons or physical property and without harm to health or the environment. We shall conduct our daily activities and ensure that Gassled manages all of its activities in a manner which reflects this philosophy.
Silex is committed to taking a leading and active role in safeguarding the fulfilment and further development of the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) requirements related to Gassled thereby ensuring a safe, reliable and cost effective gas supply to Europe. We shall strive to continuously improve our HSEQ performance and shall assist Gassled in enhancing their HSEQ results.
We will conduct our activities in compliance with legal requirements and other external and internal obligations. We shall, together with our affiliates, ensure that the Operator remains in compliance with the applicable legal requirements and other obligations.
Silex Gas Norway, as a partner in the Gassled joint venture, has the responsibility to:
- Train and develop our personnel so that they have the knowledge and capability to undertake daily activities in a manner that is consistent with HSEQ best practice and so that they can support the Operator in this manner
- Agree upon challenging, fair, realistic and clear HSEQ performance goals and measures for both Silex and the Operator
- Conduct all of our business with uncompromising integrity and professionalism in ac-cordance with the business framework set out in our integrated management system manual. Evaluate both our partners and our own activities to ensure that they have a positive impact on the Operator’s performance
- Communicate HSEQ issues and best practice both within Silex and to our partners in Gassled
- Create a highly desirable working environment which stimulates creativity, efficiency and job satisfaction, and which prevents work-related illnesses and accidents
- Systematically report incidents through the correct channels and put in place measures to avoid recurrence
- Ensure that our contractors and suppliers are aware of, and comply with, our HSEQ policy and requirements Silex shall provide the necessary guidance, training and resources to ensure effective application and communication of this policy as well as to monitor and audit all aspects of its compliance