Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
Silex is committed to taking a leading and active role in safeguarding the fulfilment and further development of the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) requirements thereby ensuring a safe, reliable and cost effective low carbon energy supply to Europe. We shall strive to continuously improve our performance. Silex will continuously work and strive towards understanding the stakeholders needs to meet their expectations.
We will conduct our activities in compliance with legal requirements and other external and internal obligations. We shall, together with our affiliates, ensure that the Operator remains in compliance with the applicable legal requirements and other obligations.
At the core of our philosophy is that business can be executed and developed without damage to persons or physical property and without harm to health or the environment. We shall conduct our daily activities in a manner which reflects this philosophy.
Silex has committed to:
- Conduct all of our business with uncompromising integrity and professionalism in accordance with the business framework set out in our integrated management system manual to give structure and cohesion to our HSEQ culture and to continuously improve our Management System and performance
- Train and develop our personnel so that they have the knowledge and capability to undertake daily activities in a manner that is consistent with HSEQ best practice
- Agree upon challenging, fair, realistic and clear HSEQ performance goals and measures and ensure that risk to personnel, environment, assets and society shall be understood and managed
- Evaluate both our partners and our own activities to ensure that they have a positive impact on the Operator’s performance and to ensure continuous improvement
- Share HSEQ best practice and learning both within Silex and with our stakeholders
- Create a highly desirable working environment which stimulates creativity, efficiency and job satisfaction, and prevents work-related illnesses and accidents
HSE&Q is everyone’s responsibility and all employees are expected to contribute to achieve our targets.
All our business partners are expected to share our focus, attitudes, ambitions and behaviour.